Advanced Clinical Applications of iFES Therapy Systems Course - Hosted by: Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center in Downey, CA
This is a 2-day course with didactic and practical application learning opportunities. All participants are required to sign in & out each day and pass an assessment test of the knowledge gained during the course in order to receive completion certification. Class size is limited to maintain optimal learning/teaching opportunities during practical sessions at a 5 to 1 participant/instructor ratio. Course content will cover the following:
- iFES Systems review
- Fundamentals of Electrical Stimulation and the physiological effects
- Physiological muscle recruitment vs. electrical evoked muscle recruitment
- Power, METs, & functional outcomes
- Xcite: Activity based self-application of electrical stimulation understanding application of stimulation
- RTILink Operations
- iFES System Therapy defaults & clinical rationale for modifications
- iFES System session graph, progress graph analysis
- iFES Therapy Systems research review
- Hands- on clinical applications of 3 iFES Systems (RT300, RT200, Xcite) with patient volunteers
- At the conclusion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in physiological evoked muscle response vs. external electrical stimulation evoked muscle response, optimizing stimulation parameters based upon patient-specific presentation to maximize patient energy expenditure.
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical application of FES integrated systems (RT300, RT200, Xcite) across a variety of neurological patient presentations and diagnoses to optimize rehabilitative outcomes.